The UNC area studies centers offer resources, funding and programs for faculty who wish to research, teach and complete service pertaining to global topics. Below are lists of some of the opportunities we offer. They are not comprehensive, and exploring the funding and news sections of each center’s website may be the quickest way to learn about new opportunities.
- African Studies Center
- Carolina Asia Center
- Center for European Studies
- Center for Global Initiatives
- Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
- Center for Slavic, Eurasian and East European Studies
- Institute for the Study of the Americas
We frequently host events aimed at raising faculty awareness of current developments, culture and more in world regions. Please click on the following area studies centers’ events calendars for more information.